For Patients: Your Responsibilities as a Patient
The care a patient receives depends partially on
the patient. Therefore, in addition to these rights, a
patient has certain responsibilities that are presented to
the patient in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
Patient Responsibilities require the patient to:
- Provide complete and accurate information to
the best of his/her ability about his/her
health, any medications, including
over-the-counter products and dietary
supplements and any allergies or sensitivities.
- Make it known whether he/she clearly
comprehends the course of his/her medical
treatment and what is expected of him/her.
- Follow the treatment plan prescribed by
- Keep appointments and notify surgery center
or physician when unable to do so.
- Provide a responsible adult to transport
him/her home from the facility and remain with
him/her for 24 hours, if required by his/her
- Accept responsibility for his/her actions
should he/she refuse treatment or not follow
his/her physician's orders.
- Accept personal financial responsibility for
any charges not covered by his/her insurance.
- Follow our facility's policies and
- Be respectful of all the health care
providers and staff, as well as other patients.